Do you need your power pole replaced?
Power2Grid specialize in the replacement of steel and timber poles. If your power pole has fallen over, do not go near it as there could be live power cables on the ground. We can disconnect it from the network to make it safe for removal and replacement.
Why do I need a private power pole?
All power leading into a property must meet certain Ausgrid rules and regulations. They cannot cross a neighboring property and must have certain clearances across the road and foot path.
Whose responsibility is it to maintain the private pole?
It is the property owner’s responsibility to maintain the pole located on private property.
What is the difference between a steel pole and a timber pole?
- Cheaper to install.
- Last for about 15 years depending on the type of ground it is installed in.
- The normal size of the power pole is 100mm diameter and is out of the ground about 5.3m.
- Wiring goes inside of the pole so may look better.
- May not get the clearance needed so it may not be an option.
- A regular check around the base of the pole should be performed to check for rust.
Treated timber poles:
- More expensive to install.
- Last for around 30 years depending on the ground condition.
- The normal size of the power pole is about 250mm diameter and is out of the ground around 6.5m.
- Larger poles can be installed depending on what is needed.
- Wiring is on the outside of the pole so it may not look as good.
- A regular check around the base of the pole should be performed to check for rot and white ants.